Beetroot, lentil and haloumi salad
1. Boil 5-6 beetroot until soft when pierced with a knife. Remove from water and set aside until cool enough to peel and dice into approx 1 cm cubes.
2. Boil 3/4 c puy lentils until soft but not mushy, drain and mix with beetroot cubes.
3. Make a dressing of oil, balsamic vinegar, 1 clove chopped garlic and salt to taste. Add this to the beetroot mixture with lots of chopped Italian parsley.
4. Toast a handful of walnut in the oven, leave to cool then chop roughly. Set aside.
5. Peel a red onion, slice in half then slice the halves into strips. Cook in oil on low until it caramalises, around 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
6. Cover a platter with mixed salad leaves. Arrange over the beetroot mixture, top with the onion and sprinkle with the walnuts. Quickly (around 20 seconds each side) haloumi in a dry pan and add to the top. Serve immediately.