We had a great week of sunshine and relaxing in Tonga - not so nice to be back to cold winter! The first daffodils are out though, only one month left of winter, yah!
The food in Tonga was delicious - fresh fish everyday! Mmmmm, tuna.... Yummy fresh fruit salad for breaky and tropical fruit smoothies for lunch. And bonus, even though I LOVE cooking it was great to have someone else do it for me for a week (meals were included in our resort price), and not knowing what was going to come out each night was a good experience too! Even when MD does cook I still have to 'suggest' what he should make as he 'lacks inspiration' - his excuse!
I want to share my favourite mueslie bar. I make a batch every week, slice it up then put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer for MD to take for his work lunches - if I don't he's off down to Subway for chocolate chip cookies! At least this way he gets some healthy ingredients!
1 c flour (wholemeal or white or a mixture)
1 c oats
1/2 c coconut
1 and 1/2 c mixed dried fruit, seeds and nuts (I use chopped dates, sultana's, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds and chopped walnuts or almonds)
1-2 tsp ground ginger
125ml flavourless oil (I use rice bran)
1/2 c honey
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Melt together the oil and honey.
3. Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
4. Place in a slice tin lined with baking paper. Bake at 180 degrees (350F) for 25 minutes or until golden on top.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.